I decided, I booked my travel for FOSDEM 18 in Feb. Thrilled to be visiting Brussels again.
Thinking about returning to Europe for the 1st time in years, to attend FOSDEM 18 in Brussels.
Any east coast tech conferences I should be thinking about, especially in the mid-Atlantic? Linux, Rust, programming generally?
This is an episode of The Command Line Podcast.
I will be attending SCALE in the latter half of next month if anyone else planning to be there wants to meet up.
This time, I chat about some recent news stories that caught my attention, including:
- Microsoft to Open Source A Key Piece of Its Web Browser
- The Seriously Wacky Way Cosmologists Say We Could Encrypt Data
- A New Deal for Broadband Access Will Be A Key Issue in 2016
- A great, low-tech hack for teaching high-tech skills
- The End of Internet Advertising as We’ve Known It
- SHA-1 cutoff could block millions of users from encrypted websites
- France looking at banning Tor, blocking public Wi-Fi
- France says ‘non’ to Wi-Fi and Tor restrictions after terror attack
- Firefox OS smartphones are dead
- Mozilla Open Source Support: First Awards Made
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Got invited to Balticon 50. Plus: moved to Baltimore inner harbor. Minus: not sure what value adds to current projects or pursuits.
Last talk before heading to the airport, again about testing, this time in node.js. #JSConf
Was hoping for silver bullet but pleased to find solidarity, practical insights from @geek_dave. #SSaSS #JSConf
David Cadwaller is speaking to my pain as someone responsible for automated tests. #JSConf
Wholly inadequate notes for @ag_dubs Cows in Space, ES6, pedagogy, call to action talk. https://github.com/commandline/talks/blob/master/jsconf2015/2015-05-29_es6_universe.md #JSConf
Far ranging yet focused talk by @ag_dubs. Rousing call to action. Great follow up to Toliver talk. #JSConf #clapforashley