Any east coast tech conferences I should be thinking about, especially in the mid-Atlantic? Linux, Rust, programming generally?
This is an episode of The Command Line Podcast.
I will be attending SCALE in the latter half of next month if anyone else planning to be there wants to meet up.
This time, I chat about some recent news stories that caught my attention, including:
- Microsoft to Open Source A Key Piece of Its Web Browser
- The Seriously Wacky Way Cosmologists Say We Could Encrypt Data
- A New Deal for Broadband Access Will Be A Key Issue in 2016
- A great, low-tech hack for teaching high-tech skills
- The End of Internet Advertising as We’ve Known It
- SHA-1 cutoff could block millions of users from encrypted websites
- France looking at banning Tor, blocking public Wi-Fi
- France says ‘non’ to Wi-Fi and Tor restrictions after terror attack
- Firefox OS smartphones are dead
- Mozilla Open Source Support: First Awards Made
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Got invited to Balticon 50. Plus: moved to Baltimore inner harbor. Minus: not sure what value adds to current projects or pursuits.
Last talk before heading to the airport, again about testing, this time in node.js. #JSConf
Was hoping for silver bullet but pleased to find solidarity, practical insights from @geek_dave. #SSaSS #JSConf
David Cadwaller is speaking to my pain as someone responsible for automated tests. #JSConf
Wholly inadequate notes for @ag_dubs Cows in Space, ES6, pedagogy, call to action talk. https://github.com/commandline/talks/blob/master/jsconf2015/2015-05-29_es6_universe.md #JSConf
Far ranging yet focused talk by @ag_dubs. Rousing call to action. Great follow up to Toliver talk. #JSConf #clapforashley
Brain breaking in best way in Dann Toliver’s talk. #JSConf Agree with call to action: get more ways of seeing code in our dev tools.
As promised, a new repo to house notes from talks, presos: https://github.com/commandline/talks Will add any older ones I can find.