I was at the Personal Democracy Forum all day today, hearing talks from all sorts of amazing folks. I even got a chance to meet a few and talk briefly one-on-one. I will be back at PDF all day tomorrow, so for now and then, blogging will be just link dumps.
- Iran announces plan to build its own internet, operating system, Techdirt
- Ubuntu Friendly: crowd sources hardware validation, The H Open
- The Great Prize: Innovating without monolpolies, Open Enterprise at ComputerWorld UK
- Recording industry steps back from disconnection policies, TorrentFreak
- Usenet with a 30 year lag, Slashdot
- Why there’s no Nobel prize in computing, NetworkWorld via Slashdot
- Russian president proposes Creative Commons-style rules baked directly into copyright, Techdirt