This afternoon and early evening was the holiday party for my day job, leaving time for little more than this link dump.
- Hackers dual boot Ubuntu on Chrome OS netbook
Slashdot has some details. Google is hosting the instructions, while they are non-trivial, it doesn’t appear like Google was intentionally preventing other OSes from booting. Rather, it genuinely does look like a simple case of they just optimized the hardware for their own OS, regardless of how that might make running others a little harder.
- Over 800 patents bought by coalition of Microsoft, Apple, EMC and Oracle , Ars Technica
- Indian government detains e-voting researchers, EFF
- Pew Report claims blogging has peaked, ReadWriteWeb
- UN considering control of the Internet, Slashdot
- Vint Cerf defends the de-centralized control of the Internet, Google Public Policy Blog