- Shamir unveils weakness in another crypto systems
Something to do with the FPU in the original Pentium, judging by the tease.
- Fix for critical privacy bug in Mozilla promised
- FLAC vulnerability potentially affects multiple OSes
- Credit card thieves use Wikimedia to test validity of card numbers
Did so by charging a penny on each, to see if the number was valid.
- Leopard re-opens Mail bug fixed long ago in Tiger
Regressions are a fact of software development. Only extreme discipline prevents them, so can be an interesting measure of a company’s engineering discipline.
- Geer on trusting zombie PCs
- Leopard file download security flaw
- Secure Java coding course