- Chrome extensions malware hijacks Facebook profiles, The Register
- New TGLoader Android malware found in alternative markets, threatpost
- Study finds China censorship of social media is real, pervasive, threatpost
- Apple clamps down, begins to reject apps looking for UDID numbers, threatpost
- Microsoft leads sting operation to disrupt Zeus botnets, SecurityWeek.Com via Slashdot
- New Java attack Rolled into exploit packs, Krebs on Security
- SECURE IT Act introduced in the House, The Hill’s Hillicon Valley
- Google’s Chrome Web store used to spread malware, Ars Technica
- Researchers clobber Khelios spam botnet, Krebs on Security
- Opera 11.62 closes security holes, The H Security: News and Features
- MacControl trojan being used in targeted attacks against OS X users, threatpost
- RockYou agrees to $250K FTC fine over loss of 32m passwords, threatpost
- Critical Java hole being exploited on a large scale, Update at The H Security: News and Features
- “Please do not take down the Sality botnet”, The H Security: News and Features
- Critical security update for Adobe Flash Player, Krebs on Security
- Google releases Chrome 18, fixes nine security flaws, threatpost
- Sophos warns of Twitter scam involving Draw Something, InSecurity Complex at CNET News
- Kelihos zombies erupt from mass graves after botnet massacre, The Register
- MasterCard, VISA Warn of Processor Breach, Krebs on Security
- Wireshark updates fix DoS vulnerabilities, The H Security: News and Features
- Google Online Security Blog: An improved Google Authenticator app to celebrate millions of 2-step verification users, googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com
- Hackers can easily lift credit card info from a used Xbox, Slashdot
Ogg Vorbis is a totally open format.
There are many ways you can support the blog and the podcast.
All media available for download on this site is DRM-free. Label courtesy of the FSF's Defective By Design campaign, under a CC-BY-SA Unported 3.0 license.
The views and opinions expressed on this site and in the podcast are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer or anyone else.