- Rainbows of color from gold nanoparticles may be a step towards optical computing, Ars Technica
- GCC 4.7.0 released to mark the 25 years of GNU Compiler Collection, The H Open Source: News and Features
- Billionaire Paul Allen pours $500 million into quest to find the essence of humanity in the brain, Forbes via Groklaw NewsPicks
- Red wine, tartaric acid, and the secret of superconductivity, Technology Review
- Sony releases source code for the Xperia S, The H Open Source: News and Features
- Researchers may have discovered how memories are encoded in the brain, www.gizmag.com via Slashdot
- 20 iconic tech sounds bound for extinction, ITworld via Slashdot
Ogg Vorbis is a totally open format.
There are many ways you can support the blog and the podcast.
All media available for download on this site is DRM-free. Label courtesy of the FSF's Defective By Design campaign, under a CC-BY-SA Unported 3.0 license.
The views and opinions expressed on this site and in the podcast are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer or anyone else.