- IBM and Oracle agree to Java pact , New York Times Bits Blog
- Telnet like tool for HTTP
Via Nat’s Four Short Links at O’Reilly Radar. He remarks it looks like a useful teaching tool, which it no doubt is. I think it actually has more utility than just pedagogy. A lot of application development consists of plumbing together HTTP based services and having something a little more friendly than telnet and wget to explore and test is very useful for that end too.
- Is passing query string data in referral URLs a privacy violation?, Techdirt
- IBM’s plans for the Cell processor, Slashdot
- Microsoft patents GPU-accelerated video encoding, Slashdot
Ogg Vorbis is a totally open format.
There are many ways you can support the blog and the podcast.
All media available for download on this site is DRM-free. Label courtesy of the FSF's Defective By Design campaign, under a CC-BY-SA Unported 3.0 license.
The views and opinions expressed on this site and in the podcast are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer or anyone else.