Sorry that this is it for today, I am rushing off a bit early to catch a public talk at Google’s DC office.
- Open source hardware draft definition 0.3 released
If you think about the split between binary and source form for software, the application of an open license to hardware isn’t as unusual as it might seem at first glance. Phil Torrone at Make has more details including the full text of this draft of the definition.
- First full sized helicopter flies an autonomous mission
The story yesterday about autonomous trucks freeing soldiers to be better able to handle unexpected threats, like IEDs, but efforts like this into a new light. It should have been obvious in terms of safety and life saving but the monumental efforts, which now seem to be paying off, made it hard to look past the technical challenges and accomplishments in some of the harder, practical AI problems.
- Chile first to approve net neutrality law
- Italian draft wiretapping law under fire
- CouchDB hits 1.0 milestone